UMIT TIROL – Private University of Health Sciences and Technology GmbH is recruiting for the further development of the Research Unit for Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Injury Prevention at the Institute for Sports Medicine, Alpine Medicine and Health Tourism and Injury Prevention of the Department of Psychology and Sports Medicine as of the next possible date in the following full-time position with an initial 3-year fixed-term employment contract with the option of extension:
POSTDOC WITH FOCUS ON INJURY PREVENTION IN A RETURN-TO-SPORT CONTEXT
The focus of this position is on the biomechanical evaluation and further development of sports-specific virtual reality (VR) and mixed reality (MR) applications for orthopaedic (sports-)injuries. With the help of VR and MR applications, the interface between therapy and return-to-sport will be improved and their potential for sport-specific performance diagnostics evaluated.
- Your main tasks:
▪ Acquisition, management and implementation of research projects within the framework of the research topic described above in close cooperation with the biomechanical measurement laboratory MOTUM – Human Performance Institute
▪ Participation in and management of courses at UMIT TIROL
▪ Supervision of students and doctoral candidates, especially on topics of sports medicine and injury prevention
▪ Supervision of students’ scientific theses
▪ Participation in university self-administration
- Required qualifications:
▪ PhD in sports science, biomechanics, medical technology, human medicine, health sciences or comparable subjects with clear reference to sports medicine and injury prevention.
▪ Experience with biomechanical measurement methods (e.g. 3D motion capture, EMG, IMU, kinetics) and evaluation procedures in a clinical or applied sports science context
▪ International publication activity
▪ Interest in VR and MR applications
▪ Programming skills (Matlab, Python or similar)
▪ German and English language skills, both written and spoken
▪ Interest in working in an interdisciplinary team
▪ Experience in university teaching and in supervising academic theses desirable
The gross annual salary for this position is EUR 56,000.
UMIT TIROL values diversity and therefore welcomes all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, world view, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity. The university is also committed to promoting women in science and therefore expressly encourages qualified women to apply.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their relevant documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, complete references) electronically by 19.03.2023 to Dr. Gerda Strutzenberger at firstname.lastname@example.org; Subject: Postdoc Return-to-Sport
UMIT TIROL – Private University of Health Sciences and Technology GmbH, Eduard-Wallnöfer-Zentrum 1, 6060 Hall in Tirol, Austria, T +43-50-8648-3866