Employee for human motion analysis laboratory
We are a biomechanical motion analysis laboratory with a focus on orthopedic and sport-specific applications. As such we are looking for enthusiastic employees to support us in the daily testing and analysis process. MOTUM is equipped with high-end biomechanical movement analysis systems on 5 measure locations:
- 2 motion capture areas with infrared cameras (Qualisys), including force plates, speed court and LED video wall for e.g.
- pre-injury screening
- return to activity & sport testing
- motion analysis for various movement techniques
- golf swing analysis
- mixed and virtual reality applications
- 1 indoor running track instrumented with Optogait
- 1 treadmill, instrumented with a pressure plate
- 1 Isokinetic machine
In practice and research, we deal with the topics of movement and technique analysis in clinical and sports-specific applications. Our current focus is on golf, football and running in order to answer questions with respect to
- injury prevention and sports orthopaedics
- return-to-activity & sports processes
- product development: Human-technology interface
- product development: Serious gaming with mixed and virtual reality applications.
You have a broad interest in sport-specific as well as clinical movement analysis and want to actively participate in the daily data-collection and data-analysis routines in the above-mentioned areas? Of special attention is our indoor golf swing analyses area, for which we will need active support.
- Completed university degree (M.Sc. diploma) in the fields of sports science (focus on biomechanics/training science), health sciences and technology, medical technology, medical informatics, or a closely related field
- Profund biomechanical understanding and experience with measurement methods: 3D motion capture, EMG, IMU, force diagnostics, and/or pressure/force plates
- knowledge of golf and the specific movement processes involved
- good German and English language skills
- Ability to work in a team, enjoy working with clients (athletes, patients, study participants)
- Ability to work independently
- Programming skills (e.g. MATLAB, Pyhton, OpenSim) advantageous
We offer you a 100% position in a state-of-the-art working environment with unique laboratory equipment, the opportunity to work with internationally renowned experts and to help shape the work processes of our newly built lab. We pay according to the Austrian collective contract for sport scientist with the possibility to overbid depending on professional experience and qualification.
Begin of position: 1.3.2023 or sooner.
Please send your application in German or English including CV and motivation letter to Mag. Gerald Schwaninger (firstname.lastname@example.org) until the 15.02.2023. In case you have any questions about the content of this position please contact Dr. Gerda Strutzenberger (email@example.com).