Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland’s largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 13’000 students and around 3’000 faculty and staff.
At the Institute of Mechanical Systems (IMES) we deal with questions from the mechanical engineering environment. We focus on the three core competencies Biomechanical Engineering, Lightweight Engineering and Mechanics.
The focus group Biomechanical Engineering deals with the function and pathologies of the musculoskeletal system, to use these findings for the research and development of medical devices. Specifically, the group emphasises on the biomechanical development, simulation and testing of orthopedic implants & prostheses.
In order to start a research project, we are looking for a
PhD Student Position in Shoulder Biomechanics of Rotator Cuff 80%, start in September 2020 or earlier
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Development & realisation of a novel, experimental shoulder simulator
- Execution of in-vitro studies to evaluate biomechanics of the human shoulder
- Data evaluation & submission of publications
- Cooperation of new research projects and proposal writing
- Teaching or supervision of student projects at Bachelor or Masters level
- Master’s degree in a (biomedical) engineering discipline (Mechanical- Electrical-, or Systems Engineering), or related field
- Willingness to work in a multidisciplinary team of biomechanical engineers, surgeons and movement analysts
- Knowledge in steering/controlling algorithms (Labview, Matlab), motion analysis, biostatistics and/or shoulder biomechanics
- Experience with studies and study design carried out in a clinical context
- Strong English skills, solid command of standard German
We offer the opportunity to work on a dedicated translational PhD project, interesting and challenging job with high degree of self-responsibility in a professional environment with flexible working hours and open-minded and dynamic research culture with a view towards achieving results.
Do you have any further questions about this position?
For technical information please contact Prof. Dr. Daniel Baumgartner (Head of BME) at Tel. 058 934 4728 or email@example.com
Are you interested?
In this case we look forward to receiving your complete application documents via the online platform to Mrs. Eliane Leemann, HR Consultant, at the Winterthur location.
Further information can be found at www.zhaw.ch and www.imes.zhaw.ch
For further information on our Institute, go to: www.zhaw.ch