Advertisement N xx/2019
At the University of Rostock, Faculty of Philosophy, Institute of Sport Science, Chair Exercise Science, subject to funding, applications are invited for the position, starting as soon as possible and unlimited, of a:
Technical staff member (m/f/d)
(pay scheme TV-L E 13, full-time 40 hours/week, unlimited)
- Operation, maintenance and repair of the entire technical equipment of the exercise science lab, especially of the DFG-funded GRAIL (Gait Realtime Analysis Interactive Lab)
- Realisation of virtual realities and data-acquisition as well as data-processing routines for the GRAIL and other hardware
- Contribution to planning, realisation and operation of experimental setups within the framework of projects (hardware-control and software-triggering)
- Contribution to a data privacy protection and data security conception for the exercise science lab, compilation of a manual for the lab
- Inventory and administration of the technical equipment, protection and responsibility for the inventory (e.g. Lab planning, ordering, authorisation of cleaning, …)
- Oral and written communication with manufacturers and providers of laboratory techniques
- Contribution to the preparation and administration of the web page of the work area of exercise science
- Final degree (diploma, state examination, or bachelor degree) of an university of applied sciences in informatics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, biomedical technique, sport science or comparable subject with at least good result
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and German are necessary
- A minimum of physical appropriateness for the handling of heavy tools is required
- Very good programming skills e.g. in: C++, Matlab, LabView and other graphical computer language
- Knowledge and interest on biomechanical and electrophysiological methods (particularly GRAIL, EMG, EEG, kinematics, dynamometry, isokinetic, ergometry, spirometry, …)
- Readiness to further education and qualification in the related area of responsibility
- Wide variety of possible assignments as well as interesting and challenging tasks in a university, which is rich in tradition but also innovative, modern and family friendly, being situated in a lively city at the Baltic Sea
- Employment in accordance with the provisions of the public sector’s wage agreement (TV-L)
- Full-time employment
- Remuneration will be paid in accordance with remuneration group 10 TV-L/10 Ü if the personal and tariff prerequisites are satisfied
The position is generally suitable for part-time work. If appropriate applications are submitted, it will be considered whether part-time employment can be permitted according to the public service law requirements.
The position is generally unlimited. As far as the legal possibility for a temporal limitation of the position according to § 14 Abs. 2 TzBfG is given, we keep open to make use of it.
The University of Rostock is committed to its university leadership guidelines.
Equal opportunity is an essential part of our human resources policy. In case of equal qualification, applications from severely disabled people or equivalent are explicitly welcome. The University of Rostock seeks to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and particularly encourages female applicants to apply for this position. We welcome applications from people of other nationalities or with a migration background.
On Request, the Personnel Council can be brought in. Please submit a formless application to your application documents.
We are looking forward to your application. Please send your informative documents until 22th of September with the email subject „Advertisement N 80/2019“ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications, which are send to this e-mail-address, in time and as one single pdf-document, will be included in the selection process. The protection of your personal data is very important to us. Therefore, your data collected as part of the application process are collected, processed and used in accordance with the relevant data protection rules. However, we point out that the transmission of your e-mail is carried out unencrypted.
Please note that the Federal State of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania does not reimburse application and travel costs.
For further questions, please contact:
Institute of Sport Science
Prof. Dr. Sven Bruhn, E-Mail: email@example.com
Beatrice Gutzmer, Tel. 0381/498-1277
Dezernat Personal- und Personalentwicklung D 18051 Rostock