Job offering W 57/2021
The University of Rostock offers you a diverse, varied and challenging job in a tradition-conscious, innovative, modern and family-friendly university in a lively city by the sea.
At the Faculty of Philosophy, Institute of Sports Sciences, Chair of Biomechanics we are offering the following position, subject to allocation of funds, as of 01.09.2021, for a limited period until 01.09.2024:
Research Associate (m/f/d)
(EG 13 TV-L, part time, 30 h/week, temporary, qualification position)
Field of activity
- Research on biomechanics and control of the human leg e.g. in rotational movements, lateral movements or also locomotion under perturbations with the aim of scientific qualification.
- Conduct experiments, modeling, and simulations as part of guided and independent research activities.
- Development of study designs and experimental setups in a new laboratory to be established.
- Optional construction of simple bouncing and walking robots to demonstrate theoretical concepts
- Publication of research results
- Contribution to third-party funding research proposals
- Scientific teaching in an amount of 3 semester hours in theoretical and/or practical courses with a focus on research-based transfer of knowledge and skills in order to teach students to conduct independent scientific research
- Involvement in academic self-government
- Completed (or soon to be completed) academic studies (state examination, diploma, master’s degree or comparable degree) e.g. sports or exercise science, engineering, physics, mathematics or comparable studies with at least good results
- Experience with mathematical modeling and simulations
- Strong interest in the study of how the musculoskeletal system generates movement
- Confident knowledge of the German and English languages, both written and spoken
- Ability to work in a team, communication skills and interest in working in interdisciplinary work groups
- Personal relation to the field of sports
- Willingness to work seriously and with commitment on a project of one’s own scientific qualification
- Employment relationship under the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service of the Länder (TV-L) with the employer Federal State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, represented by the University of Rostock
- Remuneration with pay group 13 if the personal and collective agreement requirements are met.
- An individual assignment of the experience level according to the collective agreement, taking into account your previous work experience
- 30 days annual leave and special annual payment; additional pension scheme (VBL)
- Flexible working time arrangements
- A wide range of offers to promote health and reconcile work and family life, e.g. through our family office or our URgesund health management program.
- Variety of further training opportunities, including language courses, IT courses, seminars on professional development
- Possibility to participate in the extensive range of activities offered by the university sports center
We as an employer
Equal opportunities are important to us. We welcome applications from suitable severely disabled persons or persons of equal status. We aim to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore encourage relevantly qualified women to apply. We welcome applications from people of all nationalities or with a migration background.
The fixed term of the employment relationship is based on § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
If desired, the staff council may be consulted in the selection process.
For this purpose, please enclose an informal application with your application documents.
We look forward to receiving your online application with informative documents by
30.06.2021 at the latest. Only applications received via our application portal will be considered. Unfortunately, application and travel costs cannot be covered by the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
For further information please contact:
Institute of Sports Sciences: Herr Prof. Dr. Christian Rode, email@example.com
Human Resources Service: Frau Beatrice Gutzmer, Tel. 0381/498-1277