The Laboratory of Biomechanics and Biomaterials of the Orthopaedic Department of the Hannover Medical University is offering a
position with an emphasis on the
simulation of pathological gait
The position is being offered for two years with the option for a performance based extension to three years. The salary is commensurate with the qualification of the applicant (TV-L).
The applicant will be expected to:
- Independently participate in an international bilateral research group with the goal of establishing and comparatively investigating innovative simulation methods for use in a clinical context
- Establish scaled patient specific models, as well as an interface between clinical gait analysis and a simulation platform
- Analysis, statistically assess and compare captured and computed data as well as to prepare reports and publications in the English language
- Support and cooperate with external partners and students working on the project
The following requirements should be fulfilled:
- A university degree in engineering, physics or other similar discipline.
- Experience in the programming and/or use of numerical simulation methods in at least one area of application (FEM, multibody simulation, dynamic systems control, or equivalent)
- Basic knowledge in control theory
- Good written and presentation skills. A systematic, analytical and goal-oriented approach, as well as the desire to accept responsibility and acquire new skills and qualifications.
- Good team skills as well as the ability to work proactively, independently and creatively.
- Spoken and written fluency in at least German or English. The willingness to attain German fluency.
Additional preferable qualifications:
- The desire to solve new research questions and to learn and develop new methods
- Knowledge in at least one Programming language
- Experience in biomechanical studies
The Hannover Medical School aims to increase the proportion of women in its scientific personnel and explicitly encourages qualified women to apply for this position. Equally qualified persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
Please direct inquiries an applications including references and a curriculum vita to:
PD Dr.-Ing. Christof Hurschler (Ph.D.)
Labor für Biomechanik und Biomaterialien
Orthopädische Klinik der MHH
+49 511 5354 647 Voice
+49 511 5354 875 Fax
+49 172 5946 909 Mobile