The “Birdsong for Human(e) voices” project is funded by the CRI and is led by Dr. Pauline Provini. More information on theproject: https://projects.cri-paris.org/projects/tY6OqgWS/summary
Job Description Summary:
We are searching for a highly motivated, independent, multidisciplinary postdoctoral researcher to be part of a team focusing on understanding the biomechanics of birdsong. The postdoctoral researcher will play a substantive role in planning and conducting research by using quantitative modelling methods. In close collaboration with the Principal Investigator, the postdoctoral researcher will
- Participate to the collection of experimental data (multiple X-ray and light high-speed videos, Particle Image Velocimetry data, acoustic data, etc.) of different species of birds during vocalization.
- Fluid dynamics analysis (CFD model) of bird
- Aero-acoustic modelling of birdsong based on experimental data collected by the
- Draft and publish scientific papers derived from the
- Attend annual scientific meetings to present research derived from the project
- Actively participate to meetings, seminars, and CRI life in
PhD qualification with relevant research experience in biomechanics (e.g. engineering, modelling) or a closely related field.
Additional positive qualifications:
Specific expertise in one or more of the targeted experimental techniques (PIV, XROMM, and acoustic recordings), experiencewith live animals, and knowledge of the functional morphology of vertebrates are considered as additional positive elements for the candidate. An interdisciplinary background is highly appreciated.
Typical Hiring Range: Full-Time job ±2200 Euro/month (net) according to the INSERM salary scale.
Location: Centre de Recherche Interdisciplinaire, 8bis Rue Charles V, 75004 Paris France.
The Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity (CRI) experiments and spreads new ways of learning, teaching, conducting research and mobilizing collective intelligence in life, learning and digital sciences. The CRI promotes scientists who thrive indynamic environments, are inspired and motivated by daily interactions with diverse peers, work best in teams and comfortably mix disciplines, rearranging, straddling field boundaries and wish to explore uncharted domains.
Job Open/Close Date: Fall 2020/ Summer 2022.
To apply for the position, please send the following documents to Pauline.email@example.com:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter summarizing research interests, professional experience, and career
- Names and Contact Information for References
Please have 2 recommendations forwarded directly to Dr. Pauline Provini email address by those individuals providing the references. These should not come from the applicant.
Review of applications will begin on September 15th and continue until the position is filled.